Identification of proteins from either a 1D or 2D gel band or from proteins in solution.We Identify proteins by digesting them into peptides, analyzing the peptides using sensitive liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), and then reassembling the identified peptides into proteins. Results are searched using MASCOT and results are returned using the Scaffold software. Gel band Protein ID cost is $80 per gel band. One week turn around (drop off by Monday noon; data returned the following Monday). Please click here for sample submission.
Post-translational Modification (PTM)
Identification of modification sites from either an in-gel or in-solution protein digestion. We identify proteins PTMs by digesting the proteins into peptides, analyzing the peptides using tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), and then searching for modifications using MASCOT, SEQUEST, or specialized PTM software.
Quantitation at either the protein or modification level. Can be done using either label free methods or methods that include the incorporation of stable isotopes.
Targeted Metabolomics and Lipidomics
There are many assays already available for use and we are also able to do method development for new assays. Please inquire.
Untargeted Metabolomics and Lipidomics
We have a platform for untargeted metabolomics that covers central carbon metabolism and more. Our untargeted lipidomics assay covers a wide range of hydrophobic species such as phospholipids and glycerolipids.
We currently have capabilities to measure steady state labeling and we are working with C3M to develop capabilities for flux analysis in cell culture and animal models.
- In-gel Protein Identification: $80/band.
- Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation Usage: $75/hour.
- Low End MALDI Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation Usage: $160/hour.
- High End MALDI Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation Usage: $425/hour.
- BioMS Center Specialist Services: $100/hour.
- Current prices for metabolomics instrument time is $35/hour. Starting July 1, 2017 prices will be $60/hour instrument time for metabolomics.